Speech Therapist Job
Vacancy – Post for Speech & Language Pathologist at a SpHear Speech & Hearing Clinics Pvt. Ltd.
Location : Lajpat Nagar 3
Metro Connectivity: The place is walking distance from metro station
Timings: 9am to 6pm (Monday to Saturday)
Speech Therapist Job Description
We are searching for a flexible, resourceful Speech Therapist to join our team. The Speech Therapist’s responsibilities include performing patient assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising with teachers, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring patients and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques. You should also be able to work with patients from different backgrounds and be willing to make house calls.
To be successful as a Speech Therapist, you should be passionate about social and biological science, language, and human anatomy. Exceptional Speech Therapists are caring, adaptable, and able to use available resources to find solutions.
Speech Therapist Responsibilities:
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
- Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
Speech Therapist Requirements:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s in Speech Therapy or Speech-language Pathology.(MASLP or BASLP)
- Experience: 2 years and above
- Communication Skills: good in English & HINDI
- Relevant license and certification. (RCI, ISHA & DISHA membership)
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments
- Speech Therapy for Aphasia, Dysphagia, voice disorders, Dysarthria, Misarticulation, Stuttering
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and travel to conferences.
- . Should know basic audiological evaluations such as PTA, Impedance, SISI, TDT. Should know paediatric audiological evaluations such as OAE, BERA, ASSR
- . Hearing Aids- Should have hands on experience in dispensing and counselling of hearing aids